Cosmetic dentistry is generally used to refer to any dental work that improves the appearance of teeth, gums and/or bite. It primarily focuses on improvement in dental aesthetics in color, position, shape, size, alignment and overall smile appearance.
At Quail Valley Family Dental we use a technique known as Lumineers.
Lumineers are slender porcelain teeth coverings made from a special porcelain called Cerinate. Lumineers are strong, lightweight, and less than a quarter millimeter thick, in comparison to conventional veneers, which are more than one-half millimeter thick. That slim difference allows your cosmetic dentist to bond them straight to your teeth without removing any enamel.
Lumineers correct many dental concerns, including:
- Stained teeth from root canal treatments, antibiotic staining, excessive fluoride or large resin fillings
- Worn down or small, misshapen teeth
- Chipped, cracked or broken teeth
- Misaligned, uneven or irregularly shaped teeth that might have required orthodontics in the past
- Odd spacing or gaps between your teeth
- Old, worn-out dental work, since Lumineers can be placed on top of old crowns and bridgework
Using the patented, ultra-strong, ultra-thin porcelain, we digitally design dental coverings to custom-fit your teeth. The application process is quick, easy and — since no tooth enamel is removed — painless.